Manhattanville uses Microsoft's Office 365 to manage email for all students.
Office 365 also has your favorite Office features online and allows you to create sophisticated reports and presentations, collaborate in real time with classmates, and share and edit documents.
Office 365 for your smart phone is coming soon.
Before you can use your email account, you must create a network password and a profile. See Creating Your Manhattanville Password for details.
Fall 2012 returning students will need to make some adjustments:
- Your new email address will be in this format: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Addresses in the form of: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org will be eliminated.
- The old system will be shut down on September 30, 2012.
- Until September 30, messages to your former address will be forwarded to your new Office 365 Email account.
- Older messages stored in your former account will not be migrated to your Office 365 mail account.
- If you have any critical messages that you want to keep, please save them to your hard drive, a flash drive, or simply print them, prior to September 30.
To use Office 365:
- If you haven't already done so, follow the instructions for Creating Your Manhattanville Password.
- Use your web browser to visit http://outlook.com/owa.student.mville.edu.
- Enter your username and password in the fields provided, then click the Sign In button.
- Links to Office 365 appear in various places on the Manhattanville web site.
- We suggest that you bookmark the Office 365 Sign In page.
- All official communincation from Manhattanville will be sent to your Office 365 account.
- Check your Office 365 Email frequently, even if you use a personal email address or social media for most correspondence.