Manhattanville's self-service password utility gives you a single password for your Office 365 Email account, WebAdvisor, and possibly other applications in the future.
Before you can use your password, you must sign in with a temporary password, change it to a permanent one, and establish your profile with two security questions.
You can then change your password at any time (something you should do periodically as a security measure). If you forget your password, you can reset it by answering the questions in your profile.
To determine your user name and temporary password:
- Your user name is your last name followed by your first initial.
- All the letters in your user name are lower case.
- Omit non-alphabetic characters such as apostrophes, hyphens or spaces.
- If another user already has your name and initial, your user name will have a number at the end. To obtain your user name, check your personal email account for messages from Manhattanville's Registrar, or call the Help Desk at (914) 323-7230.
- If your name is Andrew Smith, your user name is "smitha".
- If "smitha" is already taken, check your personal email messages or contact the Help desk at (914) 323-7230 for your username.
- If your name is Seamus O'Brian, your user name is "obrians".
- Your temporary password is a single word (no spaces) consisting of:
- Your first initial in upper case
- Your last initial in lower case
- Your seven-digit Manhattanville ID number, including any leading zeros.
- If Andrew Smith's Manhattanville ID is 0012345, the temporary password is "As0012345".
To create or update your password and profile:
- Use your web browser to visit the Self Service Password utility at https://selfservice.mville.edu.
- Enter your user name and your password in the fields provided.
- From the dropdown list, select your domain:
- If you are a student, select STUDENT.
- If you are a Manhattanville employee: (faculty, staff, administration), select ACADEM.
- Click the Login button.
- Follow the instructions to change your password and complete your profile.
Be sure to write down your password and keep it in a safe place.