Marion Perret, Ph.D.
Professor Perret, who received her A.B. from Bryn Mawr College and, three years later, her Ph.D. from Yale University, joined the English Department in 1980. She has shared her research and critical insights through over 50 conference presentations and articles in prestigious journals such as American Literature, Mosaic: A Journal for Interdisciplinary Study of Literature, Shakespeare Studies, and SEL: Studies in English Literature 1500-1900. Although her courses ranged from basic surveys of medieval and renaissance literature to specialized courses such as Exploring Fantasy Worlds and Visions of Hell, her great love is Shakespeare. Many of her articles deal with how his subtle, precise, passionate words come more alive for us as they move from page to stage, screen, or the mind's eye. She enjoys studying the interplay of visual and verbal elements, exploring how performance can shape our response to Shakespeare's wondrous words, illuminating in various ways both dramatic structure and the human heart.
- Executive & Continuing Education
- Attend an Open House/Info Session
- Continuing Legal Education
- Corporate Learning & Training
- Degree Completion
- Education & Research Center for Managing Risk
- Online Executive Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program
- The School of Graduate & Professional Studies
- Winter & Summer Sessions
- News & Events