Julie Higgins, Ph.D.
Julie Higgins is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology. She received her Ph.D. in psychology from Yale University.
Dr. Higgins teaches courses in her area of expertise including Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Memory, and Sensation and Perception, as well as core psychology courses such as Research Methods in Psychology.
Dr. Higgins' research focuses on memory and attention. She investigates what factors influence what and how we remember. Additionally, she studies how our memory and attention is influenced by normal aging and by age-related dementias such as Alzheimer's disease. Dr. Higgins maintains an active research laboratory at Manhattanville College where undergraduate students have the opportunity to work on both collaborative and independent research projects.
- Executive & Continuing Education
- Attend an Open House/Info Session
- Continuing Legal Education
- Corporate Learning & Training
- Degree Completion
- Education & Research Center for Managing Risk
- Online Executive Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program
- The School of Graduate & Professional Studies
- Winter & Summer Sessions
- News & Events