Darlene Gandolfi, Ph.D.Associate Professor
Darlene D'Alliessi Gandolfi, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor and the Chairwoman of the Chemistry Department at Manhattanville College. She also serves as the campus Pre-Health Professions Advisor. After receiving her B.A., summa cum laude, from Manhattanville, Dr. Gandolfi went on to earn an M.S. and Ph.D. in Chemistry from Yale University. Prior to returning to Manhattanville as a full-time faculty member, she worked as a postdoctoral research associate at Princeton University.
Dr. Gandolfi's research interests include chirality in organometallic complexes, asymmetric catalysis, and synthesis of chemotherapeutic drugs. Recently, she has been collaborating with her students on research projects in food chemistry, environmental chemistry, and the chemistry of herbal remedies. Her research has been published in the Journal of the American Chemical Society, Organometallics, and Retrovirology. Research on which she has collaborated has been presented at professional conferences in Turkey, Australia, South Africa, Canada, and within the USA.
- Executive & Continuing Education
- Attend an Open House/Info Session
- Continuing Legal Education
- Corporate Learning & Training
- Degree Completion
- Education & Research Center for Managing Risk
- Online Executive Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program
- The School of Graduate & Professional Studies
- Winter & Summer Sessions
- News & Events