MSBM 5017 Sport Communications
For nearly 20 years, Berke was the Director and ultimately Vice President of Communications for the Sports Illustrated franchise. He was responsible for all public relations, publicity and charity/community activities and served as the Executive in Charge of Television. Prior to joining SI, Berke served as Director of Sports and Prime Time Sales Development for the ABC Television Network; was the primary publicist for such ABC Sports series as Wide World of Sports, Monday Night Football, and Howard Cosell’s SportsBeat; and was Associate Director of Information in the office of Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn, where he was also the editor of the Official World Series Program in 1978 and 1979. He has authored five books on sports and was the editor-in-chief of an award-winning sports encyclopedia for children.
A graduate of Indiana University, Berke has been an adjunct professor in Sports Communications at NYU and Manhattanville College and is on the Advisory Board for the Manhattanville graduate program in Sports Business Management.
- Executive & Continuing Education
- Attend an Open House/Info Session
- Continuing Legal Education
- Corporate Learning & Training
- Degree Completion
- Education & Research Center for Managing Risk
- Online Executive Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program
- The School of Graduate & Professional Studies
- Winter & Summer Sessions
- News & Events