Manhattanville's Cable TV system provides a high-definition digital signal. If you have a digital TV, you simply need to connect it to the wall connector with a coaxial cable.
However, if you have an older analog (non-digital) TV, you'll need to install a box to convert the digital signal to an analog signal that your TV can use.
Manhattanville has a limited number of converter boxes available. To obtain one, call the help desk at (914) 323-7230.
Before you begin, you will need:
- Your analog television, set in a convenient place and plugged into a wall outlet
- A digital-to-analog converter box
- A coaxial cable long enough to reach from the cable connector on the wall to your TV
- Two AAA batteries for the converter's remote control
To install your digital-to-analog converter:
- Unpack the converter box and place it in a convenient location near your TV.
- Plug the converter's power cord into a wall outlet.
- Connect the coaxial cable from the wall connector to the RF IN connector on the back of the converter.
- Connect the black cable provided with the converter from the RF OUT connector to your television's Cable In connector.
- Install two fresh AAA batteries in the converter's remote control.
To program your converter:
Before you can watch TV, you must program the converter to recognize Manhattanville's cable TV channels.
- Turn on your TV and tune it to channel 3.
- On the front of the converter box, press the Power button.
A green indicator light glows when the power is on.
"NO SIGNAL" should appear on your TV screen.
- On the remote control, press the MENU button.
- Use the blue arrow buttons to select AUTO SEARCH, then click the green OK button.
- At the prompt, switch the source type from ANALOG to CABLE.
- Select START SEARCH.
The converter will search for digital channels. This may take several minutes.
- When the search is complete, you should see a broadcast from channel 2, New York's WCBS-TV.
Use the converter's remote control to select the channel you wish to watch.
For a list of available channels, check the Cable TV Channel Lineup.
If you have any questions, please contact the IT Help Desk at (914) 323-7230.