Page 3 of 16
Position: PDS Liaison
Department: The School of Education
Manhattanville College School of Education Department is seeking a Professional Development School Liaison for the Jefferson Elementary School, New Rochelle School District.
A Professional Development School Liaison is employed part-time by Manhattanville College, yet spends most of his/her time at the school site. This person is paid the equivalent of 3 credits each semester to supervise student teachers and paid the equivalent of 3 credits each semester to serve as a liaison between the College and the school district site. This person is paid for a total of 12 credits each academic year. This person also is paid $300 for each student teacher that he or she supervises. This person is at the school about 2 full days each week.
- Supervises student/supervised teachers (4-6 each semester)
- Works with teachers to identify areas of professional development interest and coordinate such interests with College faculty. Develops projects and programs related to teachers' and faculty's professional development interests. THE PDS LIAISON FOR JEFFERSON MUST HAVE AN ELEMENTARY/MATHEMATICS BACKGROUND TO WORK WITH TWO TEACHERS THIS YEAR ON THE MATHEMATICS CURRICULUM.
- Coordinates any and all projects developed between the College and school
- Works with College and school administrators to develop and implement an assessment of the PDS
- Works with College and school administrators and faculty to organize events (e.g., ribbon cutting ceremony, receptions, after-school programs) between the College and the school district
- Sets the agenda and keeps minutes of PDS Leadership meetings with the PDS Leadership Team that usually includes faculty and administrators from the school district and the College
- Attends School of Education PDS Liaison Working Group meetings, and gives monthly report of activities
- Helps to develop the agenda and attends PDS Advisory Board meetings and annual retreat
- Collects and helps to analyze data about PDS student teachers, cooperating teachers, and other pertinent initiatives
- Updates PDS grid to include current information about the school's events, initiatives, and activities
- Writes end-of-year report of accomplishments and goals
For consideration, send cover letter and curriculum vitae to