Page 4 of 5
July 31, 2014
Position: Part-Time Muslim Chaplain
Department: Duchesne Center
The Duchesne Center at Manhattanville College is seeking a Muslim Chaplain.
- To foster the spiritual life of one's particular religious community on Campus by:
- Prayer, meditation and/or liturgical services
- To educate the community in its rich religio-socio-cultural heritage
- To involve one's particular community in community service and social justice activities on and off of Campus.
- To promote one's religious tradition and its dialogue with other religious traditions through opportunities: (educational) lectures, panels, guest speakers, prayer events, and other fellowship gatherings
- And the creation of other venues that will allow for the spiritual growth of the Campus Community at large.
- The chaplain need to respect the diversity of religious traditions on Campus and the freedom of conscience of each individual to pursue their spiritual life and religious affiliation.
- Able to work with all chaplains together informing each other of their religious communities activities on and off Campus, and will meet once a month with a student representative of their respective club to form the Manhattanville Interfaith Council.
- The chaplain is encouraged to work with other members of the Duchesne Staff and College departments and faculty.
Religious Student Clubs:
- Need a faculty advisor (may or may not be the chaplain).
- Must apply for status and funds through the Student Activities/Affairs Office.
Campus Presence of Chaplain: (may vary according to club needs and desire of students)
- 3-5 hours on Campus per week: (Flexibility is key: both hours and activities)
- 3-6 Club meeting 1 hr per week
- Religious service/prayer: 1 hour per week
- Office hours 1-2 hour/week
- On occasion chaplains may add hours for activities/events outside the three above: 2 hours per week
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.