Page 3 of 3
August 21, 2013
Position: Part-Time Psychiatrist
Department: Counseling Center
The Counseling Center at Manhattanville College seeks a ten month, part-time, 9 hours a week, board certified psychiatrist to practice in a college based outpatient setting. This position will be located in the Counseling Center and report to the Director of the Counseling Center.
- Doctor of Medicine and completion of an ACGME accredited residency in psychiatry
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of New York.
- Unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration license.
- Must be board-certified by the American Board of Psychiatry
- Experience in college mental health setting highly preferred.
- Two years clinical experience
- Strong recommendations of collaborative experience
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Perform initial psychiatric evaluations, clinical assessments and crisis intervention
- Provide medication evaluations and management according to professional standards of care
- Provide consultation and actively collaborate with the clinical staff.
- Maintain timely clinical records
- Maintain a strong understanding of developmental and mental health challenges affecting late adolescents and young adults
- Demonstrate and practice cultural competence and sophistication in delivering health care to multiple and diverse undergraduate student groups, including ethnic, international, religious, sexual identity, handicapped, GLBTQ, and other manifestations of psychiatric and psychological problems related to different cultural backgrounds and genders
- Provide short-term or time sensitive treatment compatible with the academic calendar
- Prescribe and monitor psychotropic medications and any changes in treatment in follow-up care of students as needed
- Review students' records and files to determine the progress, effectiveness, and appropriateness of treatment services offered
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with other mental health professionals and primary care physicians
- Provide and attend in-service trainings
- Participate in outreach programming
- Attend staff meetings, treatment plan meetings as needed
- Generate correspondence related to student care
- Consult with family members of students as needed
- Prepare psychiatric reports as needed
- Refer students to other service providers, on and off campus as needed.
- Order lab tests as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
A completed application must contain a letter of application, resume or vita, and the names of three references along with their addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses. The review of materials will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled. Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.