Page 2 of 2
April 15, 2014
Position: Career Counselor-Part Time Position (Liaison to Graduate Schools: School of Education, Graduate School of Professional Studies and MFA program)
Department: Center for Career Development
- Provide individual assistance with resumes, cover letters, interviewing and job search primarily for School of Education (SoE) graduate and undergraduate students, Jump Start students, Educational Leadership students and alumni as well as graduate students from the School of Graduate and Professional Studies (GPS) and Masters of Fine Arts (MFA). Assist Manhattanville College undergraduate students and alumni as needed
- Develop positive relationships with students and alumni by ensuring all interactions are helpful, empathic and professional and ensure their needs are met effectively
- Utilize the Internet for career discovery/job-search purposes and assist students with usage of Manhattanville College job and internship database (eRecruiting)
- Contribute to development of job opportunities posted to Manhattanville College job and internship database (eRecruiting)
- Outreach and collaboration with SoE, GPS and MFA faculty, administrators and organizations to plan and coordinate new and existing career-related events, workshops, special programs and panels.
- School of Ed:
- Present workshops on Resume, Cover Letter & Interview Skills for Teachers; resume and cover letter yearly workshop for Jump Start students, and attend Education Leadership networking events
- Coordinate and oversee annual Job Fair for Teachers
- Act as liaison to SoE Alumni Group, KDP, etc.
- Attend Graduate School events and Admission Open Houses
- Prepare/update materials for Graduate Schools including guidebooks, website updates and marketing materials
- Track all student activity to contribute to department assessment; assist with destination surveys
- Reach out to students, alumni and parents through effective and innovative communication including social networking
- Other duties that are assigned from time to time
- Master’s degree in counseling or a related field
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in career counseling, job placement, or human resources. Career counseling experience preferred
- Abilities include counseling; building rapport with students, faculty, and employers; and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in computer skills, MS Office and Internet job search resources
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.