Page 2 of 5
November 22, 2013
Position: Administrative Assistant
Department: Residence Life
Manhattanville College Residence Life Department is seeking an Administrative Assistant. The Assistant will report directly to the Director of Residence Life and also works closely with the Assistant Director and Residence Directors. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the daily operation of the Residence Life Office and for the supervision of student employees and coordination of all clerical aspects of the office and other duties as assigned by the director of Residence Life.
- Distribute invoice lists to Student Accounts as necessary.
- Submit memos to Student Accounts with updated account information. Coordinate with the Director to keep daily budget database.
- Track, collate, and send out/file all office bills, receipts, and invoices.
- Manage all office receipts.
- Coordinate summer & winter break housing information, i.e. memos to students, update applications and distribute billing information to relevant departments.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, refer calls or take messages as needed. Maintain inter-office relationships with other departments.
- Create and distribute monthly Resident Advisor/Resident Director duty calendars, staff contact sheets, office hours schedules, and other documents as assigned.
- Handle typing needs and compile office correspondence.
- Maintain accurate filing system, prepare and track student files.
- Order supplies for the office and maintain/inventory supplies and forms.
- Record and distribute staff meeting minutes. Assist with summer housing placement.
- Create, maintain, & route residency information during break periods.
- Create & maintain office bulletin boards.
- Data Entry:
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of computer systems.
- Enter student data into Datatel computer system, route residency lists and other information to offices Update ORL web page and programming & pro staff calendars.
- Supervise daily activities of student workers.
- Manage the process of hiring student workers each semester.
Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Budget/Finance experience
- Courteous and professional manner
- Strong customer service skills
- Minimum education: high school
- Web design experience
- Experience in higher education setting
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to