Page 2 of 5
August 27, 2014
Position: Part-Time Phonathon Supervisor (16 hrs per wk/6wks per semester)
Department: Office of Institutional Advancement
- The major function of this position is to manage 6 call stations during the Alumni Phonathon. This includes:
- Motivating and assisting callers
- Monitoring calls and giving immediate feedback.
- Handling calls with difficult donors.
- Tracking nightly stats
- Keeping track of break times
- Advising and updating the Participation Officer of any problems, questions, or unusual developments that arise during the course of the semester.
- Providing general upkeep of the phonathon room.
- Planning and strategizing with the Participation Officer.
- Representing the needs and issues of the callers to the Advancement office.
- Attending weekly meetings with the Participation Officer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess organizational abilities and attentiveness to details.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Possess strong management and leadership skills.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Willingness to enforce phonathon regulations and policies.
- Ability to work as a team member
Hours: Phonathon shifts run from 6pm-9pm, Monday through Thursday, and 2pm-6pm on Sunday. Some special shifts may be scheduled. Supervisors must arrive before the start of a shift to make sure the room is open. In addition, supervisors must attend weekly meetings with the Participation Officer. Approximate time commitment: 16 hours per week for 6 weeks each semester.
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.