Page 6 of 9
November 14, 2014
Position: Nurse Practitioner/Director
Department: Health Center
The Health Center at Manhattanville College is seeking a Director/Nurse Practitioner. He/She is responsible for the delivery of health care service to students. This position has several components: direct and indirect provision of health care, health education, administration, staff development, supervision and professional growth and development.
The position is an administrative appointment, reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs. Medical protocols and decisions are reviewed with the part-time College physician who works in conjunction with the Director. The position supervises three full time positions within the health service (two nurses and one administrative assistant) and one part time Dietician.
A graduate of an accredited Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner program and hold a Masters degree in a health related area and is eligible for licensure as a registered nurse and nurse practitioner with prescriptive authority in the New York Health system. A minimum of four years of nurse practitioner experience and a minimum of three years of management experience in a college health setting is preferable.
- Provides direct clinical services to students as a certified registered nurse practitioner.
- Assesses health and illness status and needs, develops a plan of care and evaluates outcomes, reports and documents this information appropriately in student records.
- Provides health information, advises, counsels and discusses with students' health issues including sexual health and other confidential matters.
- Is available on call for student health or campus emergencies, serves on the Campus Emergency Response Team.
- Develops and maintains the Health Services relationships with local providers and hospitals.
- Works in collaboration with the Director of Counseling Services to provide coordinated care for students with related medical and psychological issues.
- Following confidentiality /HIPAA guidelines collaborates with the College administration on cases involving student medical situations when needed.
- Provides counsel and support to colleagues in the Student Affairs area and college community on issues related to student and community health and wellness.
- Identifies health education needs for individuals and groups of students and provides or coordinates the delivery of information to meet those needs.
- Solicits input from students and student organizations regarding health issues and provides informational sessions to address those issues.
- Participates in division education initiatives regarding sexual assault, alcohol and others as needed.
- Collaborates with students in identifying best means for providing information.
- Encourages and supports other health service providers to identify and provide information to students on current health issues.
- Position is responsible for all aspects of the College's student health program including managing the development and administration of program and services; and providing direct care as a nurse practitioner.
- Provides administrative leadership and vision in consultation with the Vice President and other responsible parties for the development, implementation and assessment initiatives, policies and practices to carry out and improve student health and the quality of services provided as the Health Service.
- Determines in conjunction with the medical doctor, medical policy, protocols and best practices to ensure a high standard of care and safety for students, other clients and health care staff.
- Provides supervision of all Health Center staff to ensure delivery of appropriate and safe healthcare services to students including: employment of staff; evaluation of performance; staff coordination and workflow; clinical effectiveness and safety.
- Recruits, hires, supervises, evaluates and provides guidance to two full-time nurses, one full-time administrative assistant and one part-time dietician.
- Monitors care given by consultant physicians. Work collaboratively with physician consultants to ensure high quality of service.
- Oversees, analyzes and manages health service budget.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills that promote trust, effective communication, positive working relationships, participation, teamwork and problem solving.
- Identifies, analyzes, and addresses problems in order to resolve issues wherever possible to minimize negative impacts for operations.
- Serves on various committees, work groups. Works closely with the student wellness committee.
- Reviews cases with Academic Advising and Disability Support Services as needed for student accommodations.
- Maintains professional engagement through activities such as continuing education, professional organizations, publications or related endeavors.
- Coordinates, and plans maintenance, upgrade and best utilization of the health center facility.
- Excellent clinical skills as a nurse practitioner
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to operate computer, printer, copier, calculator, and communicate clearly on the phone.
- Possesses computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and the internet.
- Works successfully with a diverse group of colleagues and clients and upholds the College's commitment to diversity.
- Understands and appreciates the intellectual, emotional, social and psychological development of undergraduate students in a diverse community committed to intellectual rigor.
- Report for regular office hours and when necessary, works beyond normal business hours to meet program or staffing needs at the Health Center.
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.