Page 4 of 5
June 9, 2014
Position: Administrative Assistant
Department: School of Business
The School of Business at Manhattanville College is seeking an Administrative Assistant. She/He is responsible for supporting all activities necessary to insure the smooth functioning of School of Business (SoB).
- Manage day-to-day office activities, such as: scheduling appointments, answering phones, receiving visitors, generating and managing office correspondence, processing payments, Adjunct and Guest Lecturer contracts, supply orders and disseminating department information
- Assist the Program Directors by coordinating and overseeing logistics for classes
- Support database maintenance and updates (contact information, evaluations, list serves)
- Facilitate all transactional requirements for the onboarding of faculty, advisement and registration of students, maintenance of faculty and student support for the duration of classes
- Update faculty and student spread sheets as well as maintaining current electronic email databases for them.
- Organize and maintain files and record keeping systems.
- Develop and maintain sound and productive relationships with all interfacing personnel and departments supporting a positive and progressive view of GPS
- Supervise student workers
- Handle special projects and perform other job duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Ability to multi-task, work a flexible schedule, exhibit initiative and a "can-do" attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines set by multiple direct reports
- Must be a fast learner with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel and experience with university systems and databases such as registration, governance, and operations systems
- Superior interpersonal skills, including discretion, tact and confidentiality, with an ability to work well with students, faculty and administrative staff
- Detail oriented
- Display initiative with a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Dependability and consistency
- Experience using social media desirable
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years experience in a professional office environment
- Familiarity with academe a strong plus
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.