Page 4 of 8
March 5, 2014
Position: Director of Business Development & Enrollment
Department: The School of Graduate & Professional Studies (GPS)
The School of Graduate and Professional Studies (GPS) at Manhattanville College offers five newly-redesigned Master's of Science Degrees in Business Leadership, Human Resources, Marketing Communication, Finance, and International Management, in addition to its flagship MS in Sport Business Management, Advanced Certificates, and three accelerated BS degrees. The school has experienced rapid growth over the past two years and is now seeking an entrepreneurial and strategic leader to enrich student recruitment and retention efforts.
- Reporting to the Dean, the Director of Business Development and Enrollment will be responsible for student recruitment, retention, prospect management, admissions, marketing, media and public relations, and communications through building market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing student and business relationships. S/he will
- Provide leadership in the development of strategic plans, policies, procedures, programs and systems to support and achieve enrollment goals.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Locate or propose potential business relationships by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Enhance organization reputation through innovative and strategic thinking and explore opportunities to add value to students and the community at large.
- Collaborate with all areas of the campus in order to effectively market GPS to prospective students and the community at large including communication distribution channels, college websites, social media, marketing, and public information.
- Develop communication strategies for a variety of market segments that address prospective students, program and enrollment inquiries, and application processes.
- Supervise team of support staff.
- Other responsibilities assigned from time to time
- At least five years of experience (three or more including graduate recruitment) of demonstrated successful experience in strategically developing business, evaluating and improving recruitment, enrollment and marketing strategies from a data-driven perspective.
- Advanced knowledge of recruitment funnel development and management and proven success in creating, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive enrollment plan.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and implementation of advertising, promotion, and marketing strategies including the use of social media and information technology to improve the recruitment and enrollment of students.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to build consensus in a service-oriented environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Masters degree.
Please submit a complete and comprehensive resume, a letter of intent that addresses the Primary Responsibilities and Minimum Qualifications (not to exceed three pages in length); and a list of three professional references (with at least two of whom served in a direct supervisory role), telephone and e-mail contact information. Application materials should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line GPS Admissions and will be accepted until position is filled. In order to ensure consideration within the initial phase of this search, materials should be received by the close of business, March 17, 2014. The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.