Page 3 of 9
November 19, 2014
Position: Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
The Undergraduate Admissions Office at Manhattanville College is seeking an Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions.
Principle duties and responsibilities are divided with focuses on recruitment, counselor relations, strengthening brand image, cohort management, and decision making:
- Plan and implement recruiting and outreach to prospective undergraduate transfer students primarily at community colleges, college fairs (both national and regional) and other programs to counsel, guide, and direct students to make application to the University.
- Heavy day, night and weekend travel 3-6 months per year.
- Conduct regional interviews in territory.
- Maintain professional relationship with transfer counselors & independent counselors
- Maintain consistent contact with inquiries from territory through tele counseling and email, assist in converting them to deposited students.
- Gain knowledge and keep up to date with Target X CRM software.
- Evaluate and make recommendation for admissions decisions of applicants with the goal of achieving application, admit, and enrolled goals.
- Assist with the coordination of travel efforts for the team.
- Attend state and national professional development conferences.
- Obtain leadership roles within professional organizations that enable promotion of the institution.
- Mentor new counselors.
- Participate in marketing planning to strength the University brand to prospective transfer students, their parents, and the community through public presentations.
- Act as cohort manager or liaison to specific area or group. (Ex. Athletics, Duchesne Center, Performing and Visual Arts, etc.)
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- 3+ Years Professional Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Willing and able to travel domestically
- Work extended hours including nights and weekends
- Valid driver's license required
- The successful candidate will be a team player, who is goal driven and detail-oriented
- The successful candidate must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Additionally, the candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience working with Target X/Sales Force is preferred