Page 3 of 3
June 23, 2014
Position: Graduate Assistantship
Department: Graduate Admissions School of Education
Status: Part-Time Position (20 hrs/week)
The Graduate Admissions School of Education at Manhattanville College is seeking a Graduate Assistantship. The major function of this position is the implementation of all aspects of the admissions process for all prospective graduate students.
- Greeting and welcoming prospective students.
- Maintaining a comprehensive inquiry and application database in Contact Management systems which includes inputting data from inquiry to application to acceptance stages of admissions, also inputting marketing data and Open House information
- Setting up and tracking admissions files including flagging incomplete files and soliciting prospective students by phone or email.
- Circulating files to the admissions committee and fielding all questions re the files.
- Liaison with Graduate Advising office, Financial Aid office and Registrar
- Execution of all admissions letters, packets and copies to various offices
- Distribution of scholarship letters to appropriate offices
- Handles all phone calls - answer phones, returns phone inquiries, and assists students and forwards to appropriate person when necessary
- Inputs and distributes mail and faxes
- Coordinate packet distribution and other marketing materials.
- Monitor schedules; create appointments, and recruitment/events calendars.
- Following up with accepted students as directed
- Manage all e-mail inquiries and communication with prospects
- Maintains inventory and orders all office supplies and marketing materials
- Coordinates with Graduate Advising to update program sheets
- Maintains "dead" files in storage room
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Proficiency with Word and some knowledge of Access and other database programs helpful.
- Superior interpersonal and clerical skills.
- Experience in working on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Willingness to work some weeknights and weekend events
- Bachelor's degree