Page 3 of 5
September 26, 2014
Department: Financial Aid
Manhattanville College is seeking a Financial Aid Counselor to assist in the administration of federal, state and institutional aid programs for a diverse population of undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students. The successful candidate will provide financial aid counseling and processing services.
- Provide financial aid counseling to students and parents regarding application procedures and eligibility requirements for various student aid programs (federal, state and institutional aid) and assist student and their families with completion of application forms.
- Process financial aid including file review, application verification, and need analysis. Requires ability to use professional judgment when processing financial aid packaging.
- Represent the Financial Aid Office at various on and off-campus recruiting functions, financial aid information sessions, and internal committee meetings as assigned.
- Collect, review and coordinate the progress of appeals for additional aid. Act as Recording Secretary of the Committee on Appeals.
- Process financial aid for international students and work with International Admissions to communicate with prospective international students and their families about the financial aid process.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required.
- 2 years' experience in a Financial Aid setting is required. Experience in a NYS TAP eligible institution is preferred.
- Experience with a student information system and strong knowledge of MS Office, particularly Word and Excel, is required. Experience with Ellucian Colleague, ELM, COD, and NSLDS is preferred.
- A fluent bi-lingual speaker of Spanish is preferred.
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.