Page 2 of 4
December 2, 2013
Position: Institutional Research, Assessment and Planning (IRAP) Coordinator
Department: Institutional Research
Manhattanville College is seeking an Institutional Research, Assessment and Planning (IRAP) Coordinator. He/She assists with implementing the college-wide institutional effectiveness program.
Under the guidance of the Assistant Provost for Institutional Effectiveness, the IRAP Coordinator:
- Retrieves, cleans, analyzes, and reports data to external agencies (IPEDS, NYSED, US News, etc.) and for institutional projects related to retention, student learning outcomes assessment, accreditation, monitoring, and decision-making
- Collaborates with other system users to develop common data definitions and works cooperatively with various college constituencies to optimize the quality, availability, and flow of relevant data and information throughout the college
- Serves as a central resource for data for the College community – interpreting user specifications; creating data sets, reports, and dashboards; and automating reporting, where possible.
- Updates the Fact Book annually
- Administers surveys
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Knowledge of administrative computer information systems; Colleague/ Datatel experience desirable
- Skills in retrieving, cleaning, analyzing, verifying, merging, and manipulating data
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, data query and analysis software. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, SPSS and Crystal Reports software is desirable.
- Ability to perform statistical data analysis
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to consistently perform fine detail work with accuracy
- Ability to identify, communicate, and find solutions to problems in a proactive manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of higher education accreditation requirements and processes desirable
- Knowledge of institutional research with particular respect to such organizational datasets/surveys as IPEDS, Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) Annual Institutional Profile, AAUP, CUPA, and US NEWS & World Report desirable
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with training in statistics, business, psychology, economics, or other quantitative social science/research-related field. Graduate degree desirable.
- One year of relevant experience in applied statistics, survey research, data management, data analysis and project management.
- One year of experience with a statistical package (such as SPSS, SAS, STATA) and database query and reporting tools.
- Minimum of one year of experience in Institutional Research or two years of experience in business analysis/market research.
For consideration, send cover letter with salary requirements and resume along with contact information of three references to