Page 2 of 8
April 9, 2014
Position: Academic Advisor
Department: Office of Academic Advising
The Office of Academic Advising at Manhattanville College is seeking two Academic Advisors to serve as members of the Academic Advising team, collaborating with current Advising staff, Faculty, Registrar, academic support staff, and student life staff to facilitate students' progress and maximize their chances for success. Reporting to the Dean of Studies, each Academic Advisor will work with and support an assigned student cohort to address the needs of both freshmen and sophomore undergraduate students.
- Assists with the general academic advising and monitoring of the academic progress of undergraduate students, particularly freshmen and sophomores.
- Provides support for advising and registration of students throughout the academic year.
- Serves as a contact and resource for students, faculty and staff for issues relating to the College's academic requirements and students' academic progress.
- Assists with outreach to and follow-up with students flagged through the College's Starfish/Early Alert system and provides appropriate campus referrals.
- Participates in training and programming initiatives offered through the Office of Academic Advising.
- Educates and assists students (in coordination with Advisors and Faculty) in preparing for their fulfillment of General Education requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in academic advising in a college environment.
- Demonstrated interest in student development and dedication to Manhattanville's core values.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with current Student Information Systems, Blackboard, MS Office Suite and Early Alert systems (Starfish preferred).
- Experience in advising various student populations (first-year, undeclared students, transfer students etc.) is desirable.
For consideration, send cover letter and resume along with three references to email@example.com.