(formerly the School of Graduate & Professional Studies)
Apply to a Master of Science program or one of our Advanced Certificates:
1. Complete the appropriate application form.
MS Applicants: Complete the online application
Advanced Certificate Applicants: Complete the paper application
2. Write a 500-750 word essay with a candid description of yourself, stressing those personal qualities, assets, and liabilities that you feel will influence your graduate work. Describe what you consider to be your most important professional and/or academic achievement to date by reflecting on:
• How and why did you decide to pursue this program?
• Why are you a good candidate?
• How can this program further your personal and/or professional goals?
• What special abilities, personal qualities and life experiences do you bring to
the classroom and your fellow students in the program?
3. Submit a resume which reflects your business and educational experience.
4. Arrange to have official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
forwarded directly from the institution(s) to this office. Student copies are not
5. Submit a Graduate Student Health Form with proof of immunization against
measles and rubella in compliance with New York State regulations. This request
applies to all students born on or after January 1, 1957.
6. Please send two signed letters of recommendation. You may use our
standard Professional Letter of Recommendation form if you prefer.
7. Send materials to the following address. Applications will be considered upon
receipt of all materials.
Reid Castle B4/5
2900 Purchase Street
Purchase, NY 10577