Application Process for Graduate Programs
Thank you for your interest in the graduate programs of the School of Education at Manhattanville College.
To apply, please supply the following:
- An application: Download our printable School of Education Graduate Application or Doctoral Application or Submit a Graduate School of Education Online Application (for all programs).
- International students interested in graduate programs should also see the graduate international admissions page on the Manhattanville Office of International Student Services website.
- Your check or money order for $75 for all Graduate programs, $80 for EdD programs, made out to Manhattanville College. (non-refundable)
- Two confidential Professional Letter of Recommendation forms. They should be given to people who can comment upon your qualifications for professional study and teaching. Along with the form it is a good idea to provide your respondents with a stamped envelope addressed to us.
- You must also request official copies of all undergraduate and graduate school transcripts to be sent directly to the School of Education, Graduate Admissions Office.
- Submit a 2-3 page typewritten essay stating your reasons for choosing teaching as a profession and describing your philosophy of education.
In addition to these, if you are:
- an applicant for our Art Education programs, you must submit an Art Portfolio.
- an applicant for our Music Education programs, you must schedule an exam and audition with the Manhattanville Music Department, by calling (914) 323-5260 or 323-5108.
Forms that are not interactive have been formatted so that you can print them, complete them, and return them to us by mail or fax. The address to which all these materials should be sent is:
School of Education
Office of Graduate Admissions
2900 Purchase Street
Purchase NY 10577
Fax: (914) 694-1732
Phone: (914) 323-5142
School of Education Graduate Admissions Staff:
Jeanine Pardey Levine, Director of Graduate Admissions
Kathleen Cairney, Assistant Director
Megan Macedonia, Admissions Counselor