Application Process for Graduate Programs
Thank you for your interest in the graduate programs of the School of Education at Manhattanville College.
To apply, you will need to supply the following: (We suggest that you print this page to use as a checklist for the application process).
- An application: Download our printable School of Education Graduate Application or Doctoral Application or
- Submit a Graduate School of Education Online Application (for all programs).
- International students interested in graduate programs should also see the graduate international admissions page on the Manhattanville Office of International Student Services website.
- Your check or money order for $70, made out to Manhattanville College.
- Two confidential Professional Letter of Recommendation forms. They should be given to people who can comment upon your qualifications for professional study and teaching. Along with the form it is a good idea to provide your respondents with a stamped envelope addressed to us.
- You must also make arrangements for official copies of all undergraduate and graduate school transcripts to be sent directly to us.
- Submit a 2-3 page typewritten essay that speaks to your background, your experience in teaching, why you are pursuing a career in teaching, and your educational philosophy.
In addition to these, if you are:
- an applicant for our Art Education programs, you must schedule a portfolio review with the Manhattanville Art Department, by calling (914) 323-5331.
- an applicant for our Music Education programs, you must schedule an exam or audition with the Manhattanville Music Department, by calling (914) 323-5260 or 323-5108.
Forms that are are not interactive have been formatted so that you can print them, complete them, and return them to us by mail or fax. The address to which all these materials should be sent is:
School of Education
Office of Graduate Admissions
2900 Purchase Street
Purchase NY 10577
Fax: (914) 694-1732
Phone: (914) 323-5142
School of Education Graduate Admissions Staff:
Jeanine Pardey Levine, Director of Graduate Admissions
Kathleen Cairney, Assistant Director
Megan Macedonia, Admissions Counselor