Manhattanville College has established an intensive and highly selective full time graduate-level teacher preparation program focused on Early Childhood Education (Birth – Grade 2).
Graduate students in the Academy will serve as Teaching Apprentices in the Park Early Childhood Center in the Ossining Union Free School District. As Teaching Apprentices, students will assist the early childhood classroom teachers to deliver instruction to children while developing and honing their knowledge and skills through the mentoring of highly trained teacher educators and expert practitioners.
- 50% tuition scholarship
- complete program in 18 months
- connect theory and content with daily practice
- individualized support through a cohort model
- many courses conveniently held onsite
- $10,000 stipend for serving as an apprentice
- job placement assistance
Academy Program* Requirements
- complete coursework aligned to the new teaching standards and common core curriculum
- engage in clinical components of the program
- course-based assignments, observations, and informal and formal assessments
- NYS Teacher Certification examinations and edTPA standards
- maintain a minimum GPA of 3.25
*MAT: Early Childhood Education (Birth - Grade 2)
Academy Admissions Criteria
- completed Manhattanville School of Education graduate application
- official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) score
- minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.25
- three letters of recommendation, professional or academic
- personal essay stating reasons for wanting to be a teacher; include Excellence in Teaching Academy in the heading
Questions may be directed to the School of Education Graduate Admissions Office (914)323-5142
Apply Now for Fall 2014!