The Educational Leadership program has received national recognition from the National Policy Board for Educational Administration.
Did you know, over the next 5 years 25% of current administrators will be eligible to retire?
Begin now to prepare for your future. Be the leader you envision for your school or department!
Manhattanville College and the Edith Winthrop Teacher Center present:
Educational Leadership Programs leading to:
New York State School Building Leader and/or School District Leader certification
- Anchored in theory.
- Based in practical, pragmatic application.
- Taught by highly successful administrators.
To join the program:
Contact Lenora Boehlert, Ed.D. at 914-323-5443 firstname.lastname@example.org or
Barbara Scaros, Director at 914-948-8037 email@example.com for more information.
Manhattanville provides several programs for Leadership Candidates: a program for Teacher Leaders, as well as programs for those seeking administrative certification as School District Leaders, School Building Leaders, and School District Leaders/Athletic Directors.
Take advantage of our partnership discounts!
- Teacher Leaders – Pay only 1/3 tuition – a value not to be missed! This program is co-sponsored by the Lower Hudson Teacher Center Network
- Educational Leadership programs leading to administration certification (School Building Leader, School District Leader, School Building Leader/School District Leader, and School District Leader with Athletic Director Specialty) – Join the Edith Winthrop Teacher Center cohort and get a 47% discount for any of these programs. This will require you to take two courses a semester and move with your cohort.
- Does your school have a Professional Development School relationship with Manhattanville College? If so, inquire about the program discounts available to you.
The School of Education has new workshops and conferences scheduled! Keep checking our News and Events page for the latest programs and registration information.
The Masters of Professional Studies (MPS) Educational Leadership Program targets individuals who do not already have a Masters in education.
The Professional Diploma (PD) Educational Leadership Program targets individuals who are interested in advanced studies beyond the Masters.
New! Doctoral Program The Board of Regents of the State of New York approved an amendment to our master plan to authorize Manhattanville College to offer its first program at the doctoral level, an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership.
Teacher Leader Certificate of Advanced Studies The Teacher Leaders program targets teachers who assume a variety of informal or formally designated leadership roles in their schools. The 15-credit Certificate of Advanced Studies concentrates on specific skills and knowledge that are essential to teacher leaders' overall effectiveness. This is a cohort-based program. A new cohort will begin in the Spring of 2012.
These programs are approved by New York and NCATE. They are aligned with the New York leadership standards (ISLLC) and the national standards established by the Educational Leadership Constituency Council (ELCC).