The School of Education at Manhattanville College offers something for everyone interested in any phase of teaching or leading schools - beginning teachers (undergraduate or graduate), current teachers seeking masters degrees or additional certificates, seasoned teachers seeking certification as future school leaders, or career changers considering teaching for the first time. We offer a wide variety of programs, flexible scheduling, individual attention, and affordability.
Why Manhattanville School of Education?
- Distinguished faculty who are both teachers and scholars
- Exceptional student body
- NCATE Accreditation
- Rich campus experience, including 24/7 Library and state-of-the-art fitness center
- Accessible, accurate, personal advising
- Widest array of innovative, standards-based programs in the Hudson Valley
- Extensive program offerings during summer sessions
- Mentoring and career development
- Active student chapters of professional organizations
- Active alumni associations with strong networking
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Professional Development School partnerships
- Changing Suburbs Institute® (CSI)-Outreach to diverse communities
Manhattanville College now offers courses at these off-site locations:
Churchill School, New York, NY - For more information contact Dr. Laurence Krute at email@example.com
Rockland Teacher Center Institute, Thiells, NY- For more information contact Joleen Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hudson Teacher Center at Putnam Northern Westchester Boces, Yorktown, NY- For more information contact Dr. Laurence Krute at email@example.com
Internship Opportunities 2014-2015
**There are still openings for Secondary Interns this fall
Bedford Central School District's Pre-Service Teacher Intern Program offers internships in each of the district's schools; Mt. Kisco Elementary School, West Patent Elementary School, Bedford Hills Elementary School, Bedford Village Elementary School, Pound Ridge Elementary School, Fox Lane Middle School and Fox Lane High School. Click here for more information.
To find out more information about our internship opportunities with Bedford, please contact Loretta Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recently Added Programs:
MEI (Manhattanville Education Institute)
We are pleased to announce the professional development/continuing education arm of the School of Education that offers both face-to-face and online graduate courses for credit that have been approved by Manhattanville College, but do not lead toward a graduate degree. Click here for more information
Executive Ed.D. Program in Educational Leadership
The Doctoral Faculty of the School of Education at Manhattanville College in Purchase, New York invites applications from individuals formerly enrolled in doctoral programs In Educational Leadership from accredited graduate schools to apply for the Executive Ed.D. Program in Educational Leadership. This new program is designed specifically for those who were enrolled in an educational leadership doctoral program and completed all requirements but the dissertation.
Manhattanville College now offers these students the opportunity to complete the Ed.D. Degree by enrolling in a twenty (20) credit experience that offers the following:
• A program of study that is customized and individualized, with a focus on current problems of practice, the dissertation process and research in educational leadership.
• Small classes that meet at Putnam-Northern Westchester BOCES in Yorktown Heights and Manhattanville College in Purchase. Some coursework will be offered on line.
• The completion of a doctoral dissertation which may be reported through either of two formats: the traditional 5 chapter empirical dissertation or three publishable article manuscripts.
• Manhattanville College will accept 39 doctoral credits from an accredited program as determined by individual transcript review.
• An optimal 18-24 month period of time to complete the degree.
• Eligibility: 10 years from the time obtaining the all but dissertation (ABD) status. Exceptions may be made as determined to be appropriate by the admissions committee.
For additional information contact Renee Gargano at email@example.com
Education for Sustainability-Certificate of Advanced Study
This program is for those who wish to help their K-12 students become agents of change within schools, organizations, communities and institutions for a sustainable future. Click here for more information.
Manhattanville Excellence in Teaching Academy
With the implementation of universal Pre-K in New York, Early Childhood educators are now more in demand than ever. In response to this statewide initiative, Manhattanville’s School of Education is proud to announce its Excellence in Teaching Academy. This intensive and highly selective full time graduate-level teacher preparation program focuses on Early Childhood Education (Birth – Grade 2) and includes a teaching apprenticeship. For more information, contact the School Of Education Graduation Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here for complete program and admissions information.
For more information about the School of Education click on this video:
Institution Results Report for Program Completers
This report presents New York State Teacher Certification Examination summarized data for program completers in the School of Education for the years 2008–2013.