M.S. in Sport Business Management
MSBM 5001 – Dynamics of the Sport Business World
MSBM 5002 – Managing Sport Businesses Strategically
MSBM 5003 – Economic and Financial Aspects of Sport Management
MSBM 5004 – Sport Marketing
MSBM 5005 – Legal and Ethical Considerations in Sports
MSBM 5006 – Leading Sports Organizations
MSBM 5007 – Facility and Event Management
Electives* (student needs four total electives)
OFFFERED IN FALL OR SPRING (VARIES WHEN OFFERED)
MSBM 5012 – Sport Psychology
MSBM 5014 - Baseball Analytics
MSBM 5017 –Sport Communications
MSBM 5021 - Sport Journalism
MSBM 5023 – Leading Change in Sports
MSBM 5025 - Contemporary Leadership Issues in Sport
MSBM 5026 - The Role of An Agent in Sport
MSBM 5028 – Sports Entrepreneurship
MSBM 5098 – Research Methods in Sport
MSBM 5024 - Fundraising and Non Profit Aspects of Sport
MSBM 5099 – Strategic Negotiations in Sport
AT THE DISCRETION OF DIRECTOR
MSBM 5097 – Challenge Credit
MSBM 5595 - Independent Study
SUMMER ELECTIVES (9 credits)
MSBM 5020 – Sport Content (Various aspects of Sport Media)
MSBM 5011 – Sport Business and Technology in the Global Market
MSBM 5029 – International Sport Management
***= MSBM 5097 – Internship ***industry work can substitute
NOTE: THERE ARE NO CORE CLASSES OFFERED IN SUMMER
"The industry is getting more complex and professional every year, so anytime we can get more highly trained sport management graduates the better,? says Dennis Robinson, senior vice president of business and league operations at the NBA which employs about 1,000 people."
"Nancy Gill the NFL's senior vice president of human resources, says she will favor students with academics and experience focused on the business of sports. That will put sports business graduates of the New York schools in a good position."
Crains, New York Business
SPORT BUSINESS MANAGEMENT UPDATE AT A GLANCE
- SBM students have landed full time employment with organizations such as the New York Yankees, Mets, Rangers, Islanders, USTA, Women's Metropolitan Golf Association, WWE, Olympics, Puck Agency, Diamond Sports, MSG, College athletic departments, agencies, law firms etc.
- SBM Speaker Series have brought some interesting topics and speakers to campus such as Rick Wolf of the Sports Edge, and many senior executives from the NFL, MLB, ESPN, WFAN, NY Yankees, NY Mets, NY Islanders, CBS Sports, ANC Sports, Velocity Sports Marketing, Octagon, OMD, MSG and numerous others
- The top Labor Relations people for both the NFL (Peter Ruocco, SVP) and MLB (Rob Manfred, EVP) recently all spoke to our students
- SBM Internships include: NY Knicks, MSG, Versus Network, NY Mets, NJ Nets, NY Yankees, Steiner Sports, The Sports Museum of America, Altheus, InSiteMarketing, The Puck Agency, International Fight League, Comcast, Philadelphia 76ers
- We are engaged in class offerings in Stamford, CT New York City and other common sport business work places
ApplyFor application procedures and an online form click here:
The mission of Manhattanville College‘s Sport Business Management program is to promote and develop the necessary knowledge and business skills to assume a leadership role in sport management by providing a thorough foundation in sport business while allowing flexibility for students to explore a wide variety of opportunities within the field.
Potential students in the program are:
- Sport professionals who wish to improve their business management and leadership skills.
- Graduating seniors and working professionals in other fields who wish to enter this emerging business area.
- Those who wish to work in the management section of sports.
- Convenient weekday schedule
- Small class size
- Up to six challenge credits and six transfer credits
- GMAT or GRE not required
- Numerous sports internship opportunities available or a special waiver of field work for those with extensive industry experience
The Sport Business Management Degree at Manhattanville College will encompass the following:
Classes meet on traditional fall/spring semester schedule on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 4:20 PM to 6:50 PM and from 7PM to 9:30 PM.
Summer sessions (HYBRID) ARE ALSO AVAILABLE