M.S. in Sport Business Management
"The industry is getting more complex and professional every year, so anytime we can get more highly trained sport management graduates the better,? says Dennis Robinson, senior vice president of business and league operations at the NBA which employs about 1,000 people."
"Nancy Gill the NFL's senior vice president of human resources, says she will favor students with academics and experience focused on the business of sports. That will put sports business graduates of the New York schools in a good position."
Crains, New York Business
SPORT BUSINESS MANAGEMENT UPDATE AT A GLANCE
- SBM students have landed full time employment with organizations such as the New York Yankees, Mets, Rangers, Islanders, USTA, Women's Metropolitan Golf Association, WWE, Olympics, Puck Agency, Diamond Sports, MSG, College athletic departments, agencies, law firms etc.
- SBM CESAM (Center for Ethics in Sport) events and SBM Speaker Series have brought some interesting topics and speakers to campus such as Rick Wolf of the Sports Edge, and many senior executives from the NFL, MLB, ESPN, WFAN, NY Yankees, NY Mets, NY Islanders, CBS Sports, ANC Sports, Velocity Sports Marketing, Octagon, OMD, MSG and numerous others
- The top Labor Relations people for both the NFL (Peter Ruocco, SVP) and MLB (Rob Manfred, EVP) recently all spoke to our students
- SBM Offerings: This fall we will offer another new elective, Sport Journalism, taught by veteran Associated Press Sports Journalist, Barry Wilner
- SBM Internships include: NY Knicks, MSG, Versus Network, NY Mets, NJ Nets, NY Yankees, Steiner Sports, The Sports Museum of America, Altheus, InSiteMarketing, The Puck Agency, International Fight League, Comcast, Philadelphia 76ers
- SBM Summer Sessions: Classes are Sport Technology in the Global market Place (SS-1) and Sport Media Content (SS-2) are being offered as hybrids (part on-line)
- We are engaged in satellite class offerings in New York City and other common sport business work places
For application procedures and an online form click here: Apply Now
The mission of Manhattanville College‘s Sport Business Management program is to promote and develop the necessary knowledge and business skills to assume a leadership role in sport management by providing a thorough foundation in sport business while allowing flexibility for students to explore a wide variety of opportunities within the field.
Potential students in the program are:
- Sport professionals who wish to improve their business management and leadership skills.
- Graduating seniors and working professionals in other fields who wish to enter this emerging business area.
- Those who wish to work in the management section of sports.
- Convenient weekday schedule
- Small class size
- Up to six challenge credits and six transfer credits
- GMAT or GRE not required
- Numerous sports internship opportunities available or a special waiver of field work for those with extensive industry experience
The Sport Business Management Degree at Manhattanville College will encompass the following:
Classes will meet on traditional fall/spring semester schedule and in summer sessions on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 4:20 PM to 6:50 PM and from 7PM to 9:30 PM.