The Valiant Effort structure categorizes volunteer and involvement opportunities based on the five areas where support is needed most from alumni. The Office of Alumni Relations is happy to work with alumni to find positions that suit individual interests, time commitments, skills, and attributes.
- Join a host committee
- Assist in event planning
- Promote attendance to the event
- Host an event in your home or at an organization/club where you belong
- Sponsor an event (personally or through your company)
- Provide in-kind donations or services for events
- Raffle Prizes
- Musical Entertainment
- Job shadow opportunities
- Mentor a student
- Participate in career panel events
- Post internships and jobs with the Career Center
- Attend job fairs as a representative from your company
- Attend open houses as alumni representative
- Participate in high school outreach and recruitment
- Conduct yield interviews with accepted students
- Participate as an Valiant Ambassador. Click here for the form and questionnaire.
- Recruit fellow alumni to become volunteers
- Promote annual giving through personal and social media solicitation
- Assist with outreach activities
- SAVE THE DATE! Reunion 2014 will take place June 6th-8th, 2014 and will be celebrating the classes of 1939, 1944, 1949, 1954, 1959, 1964, 1969, 1974, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004, 2009, and 2013
- Reunion is a time of celebration, and made even more memorable when you have classmates come back to campus! Click here to learn how you can get involved in the planning of this very special weekend
Alumni play an important role in the Manhattanville community. The College wants to sustain positive relationships with its graduates by offering mutually beneficial opportunities for involvement. Volunteer positions offer alumni opportunities to promote their business, reconnect and socialize with classmates, recruit talented graduates to join their workforce, and help Manhattanville continue its legacy as an exceptional institution.
To become a Valiant Effort volunteer in any one of these categories, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (914) 323-5231.